There are many things you need to prepare for around the home before, during and after an emergency or disaster. Your home might be a family home, group of friends living together or a share accommodation.
Have you considered:
- where you, your family, house mates might meet if you get separated?
- what are the local emergency contact phone numbers you might all need?
- is there enough food and water for 3-5 days of isolation after a storm, cyclone, fire or power outage, for each person?
- have you prepared up-to-date household and personal first aid kits?
- have all household members a personal emergency kit?
- whether you have enough cash on hand, as ATMs and Banks may be closed?
These and many more plans need to be considered for your household.
To get started click here or choose Home Emergency Plans from the drop down menu.