Being prepared for emergencies while travelling is as critical as being prepared at home. As a traveler you need to get prepared for your trip and when you get to your destination, over seas or within your own country, you need to have a plan in case of an emergency or disaster.
Have you considered:
- the type of travel insurance you and your family will require?
- where you, your family, might meet if you get separated during your travels?
- what are the local emergency contact phone numbers you might need?
- is there enough food and water for 3-5 days of isolation after a storm, cyclone, fire or power outage, for each person?
- your personal first aid kit and is it up-to-date?
- what might happen if your vehicle breaks down?
These and many more plans need to be considered before and during your travels.